The selection of the right mattress is very important for sleep and the overall health of a person. Due to technological innovations, you can find several types of introduction in mattresses. Latex and memory foam are the two popular types of mattresses available in the market.
The selection of the right mattress from them proves to be very confusing. We have come up with the pros and cons of both types of mattresses to ease the mattress selection process.
Newsweek is one of the best websites to check reviews of the top-selling best cooling mattress available in the market. The valuable comparison and information available on the website help mattress shoppers make an efficient buying decisions.
Memory Foam Mattress
This type of mattress is made using petroleum-based hydrocarbons. After mixing into a slurry, they get chemically molded into a large-sized solid form. The resultant is then cut into slices to form mattress toppers. Based on the chemical formulation, this type of mattress is available in a varying range of densities ranging from 1.1 lbs to 4.0 lbs.
Working on Memory foam mattresses
This type of mattress uses body heat to help soften the molecular structure. In this way, it can help in molding it to the body. Memory foam mattresses offer a greater level of contouring to a person. Users will see a temporary indentation that goes away in some time.
A memory foam mattress shows a noticeably slower recovery duration. This implies that when your body gets pressed and raised, you would not see the material resuming its original form quickly. In this way, the mattress offers better support and comfortability to users.
A memory foam mattress also offers significant advantages to people who suffer from joint pain, back pain, and other discomforts that are commonly linked with another type of best mattresses.
Pros and Cons of Memory Foam Mattresses
- High-density memory foam of three or more inches provides relief on pressure points of the body. People who slept regularly sleeping on the mattress noticed a pain reduction in their hips and shoulders
- These mattresses are very widely popular and you can find them at any reputed mattress store.
- Low-density mattress options can be bought at an affordable price.
Cons of Memory Foam Mattresses
After looking at the advantages of the memory foam mattress, now let us look at the drawback of this type of mattress.
- A memory foam mattress is a chemical product. It is plastic, that comes with low-density options that prevent it from quick wear and tear.
- As the mattress requires activation of body heat, it may make the sleeper hot.
- Memory foam mattress that is below 3 inches of density gets flattened quickly. In this way, it eliminates obtaining the benefit of pressure relief.
- Memory foam mattresses fail to provide adequate support to the sleeper. This mattress doesn’t help in maintaining the right spinal posture.
Latex compound is available in four main types:
- Synthetic latex compound: This type of latex is made using petroleum chemicals. It is the “man-made” molecular imitation of natural latex.
- Blended latex compound: This type of latex is synthetic latex combined with natural latex that is derived from rubber trees. A majority of latex compounds are made with 80% to 90% of synthetic latex.
- Natural latex compound: Around 100% of natural latex is harvested from latex trees.
- Organic latex compound: Around 100% of natural latex is renewably harvested from latex trees. These trees are grown with the help of organic practices that are free from pesticides. Look for USDA and GOLS organic certifications.
Pros of Latex Mattresses
- Natural and organic latex offer more durability and pressure relief than memory foam mattresses.
- Latex doesn’t need body heat activation due to people do not feel hot at sleep time.
- Latex foam offers elastic contouring that can help reduce pressure with as little as 2 inches of latex.
Cons of Latex Mattresses
- Low-density latex mattresses are costlier than memory foam mattresses.
- Its natural elasticity produces a bouncy feeling in the sleeper.
Though you can find it confusing to choose the right mattress solution for peaceful sleep, the above information will help you get clarity. Latex and memory foam mattresses have differences but have assisted people in getting relaxed sleep, comfort, and pain relief. Understanding your requirements and preferences will help you make the right buying decision.